Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Little Explanation

I have not been posting or making the rounds lately in the blogosphere and I want to give a bit of an explanation as to why.  I promised everyone a ways back that I had a surprise announcement and then was promptly upstaged by the birth of my newest little granddaughter!  How rude!


Everyone assumed that was the new announcement, but that one was scheduled for the second week in January and just came a bit early.  The good news is that Newbie Fossil is doing just fine and I am going to rename her Peanut Fossil at this stage.  It just fits her better!  But, back to my surprise announcement ...


I took a job!  There is a company that I did initial contract work for beginning in September of 1995.  Eventually, they hired one of my employees in 2001 to handle their needs onsite - and this was done with my blessing - and now they have run into some programming needs over the past year that I was best suited to help them with.   They then, at the end of the year, put together a package they offered me to see if I would come to work for them as an employee and it was definitely worth my time.


I have been way busy!  And now I have to board a flight!  Later ...

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations Fossil!! On both. May 2014 be your best year ever.
    blessings ~ maxi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Maxi

      Thanks! I wish the same for you. In abundance!

      Delete
  2. There was I thinking you bonded to Peanut Fossil so well, you could not move away from her! ;) Congratulations on the other bit.....!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Grannymar

      Oh, I'm plenty bonded to Peanut! But thanks for the well-wishes. I'll give more info on what my job is, although some parts I can only talk about in general terms.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I'm happy for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing replaces the joy of self-employment like the prospects of a regular, nicely sized paycheck that is not robbing Peter to pay Paul - LOLLOL - Congrats on the job and on the little goober!

      Delete
  4. Well that will keep you off the streets and out of mischief - enjoy the back to doing things you like to do with a I assume a pay cheque...congrats on the addition to your flock as well...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am delighted for you. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete

If a post is older than 7 days, the comment will go for moderation. Sorry for that inconvenience, but it cuts down on spam and it is much better than Captcha. I promise to check the moderation folder regularly.