Monday, February 13, 2012

Thank you. More please!

I was watching a movie last night where a cab driver told a female passenger that she needed to live her life continuously as, “Thank you.  More please!”

There are times when you really don’t want more.  Like when violence is involved.  But … the times when you DO want more are plentiful.  While staying in Napa with last week’s events, there was plenty of time on my hands.  One of the things I like to do when I have time is walk and take in my surroundings.  Here are a few of the images I applauded while absorbing:

Ornamental grape vines in the winter:

img_9988

The vineyards in the winter:

img_9985

A neighbor’s Scotty:

img_9989

And then, magnificent sunsets two nights in a row:

img_9992img_9999

After the return home, alone in my own house when it wasn’t work hours, an extreme rarity, I watched part of said movie, but switched away to something I NEVER watch, the Grammy Awards.  Much heralded was Adele, who swept every category she was entered in.  6 Grammys.  And, you know what?  I never heard anyone complain.  If they do, ignore them.  The woman is magnificent.

Here is a YouTube recording of her performing live, singing “Rolling In The Deep”:

I wanted you to see her live because it always communicates more than just the studio recording.  Then I want you to purchase her music.  We almost lost her voice this past year when a surgeon saved her vocal chords after a hemorrhage!  Give her your love and let’s nourish this phenomenal developing talent barely in adulthood!

Thank you.  More please!

7 comments:

  1. Indeed. Keep moving forward.

    PS - boy do I miss the Napa valley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, shackman, we need a nice spring afternoon hanging out there, enjoying some good wine, some good company. Ahhh ...

      Delete
  2. You are welcome. Keep more coming and I will repeat that as often as you do.

    Now my turn to thank you. I had never heard Adele and I have just fallen in love with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that girl. She has this incredible talent, but after winning her first Grammys at the age of 18, she asked a record shop if she could work ingognito in the back of the shop sorting CD's and DVD's so she could stay on top of the developing music. She is very candid and humble.

      Now, enjoy this little behind-the-scenes visit with her on 60 minutes.

      http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504803_162-57376077-10391709/60-minutes-funniest-moments-with-adele/?tag=contentMain;cbsCarousel

      Delete
    2. You know, unlike Wordpress, I can't edit a comment here. All I can do is say, "Hey! ingognito isn't a word! Incognito is a bit more like it."

      Delete
  3. One step at a time and I will walk beside you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One step at a time is all we get, so I don't think that will be a problem! I would love for you and Ramana and shackman all to meet me up there.

      Ah, I can dream.

      Delete

If a post is older than 7 days, the comment will go for moderation. Sorry for that inconvenience, but it cuts down on spam and it is much better than Captcha. I promise to check the moderation folder regularly.